Monday, January 10, 2011

Working on increasing my web ranking...

Gotta get my web ranking up. Typing in "One Community Ranch" in Google doesn't even bring up my page and "One Community" with associated terms like self-sustainability, eco, green, etc. is even worse.

I've created a site map, placed links to my page on prominent sites like the CHEK Institute and others, and now I'm looking into SEO (Search Engine Optimization) tools... looks like Rage Software has the one I'm going to use because it works well with iWeb.

Let the learning begin :).... More later...

Found out this is part of the problem: Google sees http://www.onecommunityranch.com/OneCommunity/HOME.html
as very different from
http://web.me.com/jsabol/OneCommunity/HOME.html

Something to do with Java... which I know nothing about. What I do know, is that page one, linking to page two, linking to page 3, and then linking back to page 1 is apparently VERY important in the eyes of Google... so I'm now updating all pages to have the first HTML string rather than the second and making sure that the first three levels of my pages all link back to each other and page one.

Writing this now rather than later as it seems the process has crashed my iWeb and I've gotta wait for it to uncrash so I can reboot and hopefully the problem will go away :(

Recreated facebook image to this:

Creating This
_________________
11PM now... spent all day (sat down at 8 AM, finishing now) updating all my links and researching keywords for the community, resulting in 7 new pages on the website that will become articles also for Digg and eZines. Spent hours creating header tags, and getting organized for the keywords in relation to meta tags, image tags, and title tags. 

By the time I'm done I'll have some pretty solid ranking I think.

Exhausted now and I've got Hakan tomorrow so turning in... all in all a good day even though my computer crashed three times :) Good think I save frequently lol