Saturday, January 15, 2011

CRASH!

So I completely lost my web presence today.... and my site, which I'm waiting to see if I can recover it right now... waiting for a copied portion to upload to mobile me and see if it works or not... VERY scary. I'm looking at somewhere around 500 hours of work.

Started getting publishing errors and I couldn't correct them. Restarted computer, rebooted iWeb many times, then I created a new site to see if that would publish and unwittingly published it OVER my old site on-line... completely wiping out what was there before!

Now I'm transferring one page at a time over to this new site and attempting to publish that... which seems to be happening except... it's not finishing the process... yet... seems frozen.

Spent all day updating all my links and transferring the site to a new server... good news is it is stored there as of about 2 PM today... bad news is I've been working on it all day... sooooo I shouldn't have any possibility of losing the 500 hours... just the 8 from today.

Crossing my fingers.

Gotta walk away from the computer and breathe...

All things for a reason.